After running an advanced Magento store to take your business online, making your target audience aware of it and landing visitors to your store become the next important task. Adding SEO extensions to your store makes it more visible to visitors and turns your e-commerce website into a highly profitable business. In this article, we will tell you the best SEO Tools for your Magento store, the importance of SEO optimization, what to look out for while selecting the tools and much more.
If you are running an online store, you are definitely going to like one or more of these extensions and leverage them to stay ahead in the e-commerce competition. However, we will recommend first testing these extensions on your store and discovering which extensions give you the maximum outcome.
What is an SEO Tool?
We can understand SEO tools as programs or applications which are specially designed to resemble the website’s performance to search engine ranking factors and give information about ranking factors. A website owner isn’t expected to have enough knowledge or skills to deal with digital marketing tasks or have time for this long-term process, that’s why an SEO tool is the best solution to boost ranking on the website.
Why SEO is important for your Magento stores?
Before investing in anything, you must want to know whether it is actually important for your store or not. Let’s know how SEO is important for your online business:
1. Helps visitors discover your store:
In most cases, getting traffic to your store by organic search is the best revenue source. For most online businesses, the appropriate traffic lands on the store from Google search results. It is not happening in your case then you are missing something really important.
Nearly 90% of buyers begin their online journey from search engines, thus organic search is an integral factor in the decision-making process. Ignoring the SEO of your Magento store means you are losing a huge chunk of your potential customers who begin their online shopping journey from search engines. Also, you may lose a pool of potential leads when the products aren’t present in search results.
2. A cost-effective way to increase your brand presence:
It is really difficult to improve your brand presence without spending a hefty amount. Although, paid methods such as Pay-per-click or Google Ads are impactful they are equally costly. Thus, the most effective & cheapest method is to get a presence on the top Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) with proper SEO optimization.
Successful businesses devote the majority of their resources to techniques that are critical to attaining their objectives. As Magento SEO plays a significant role and reduces the acquiring cost of customers, it gets a good chunk of the resources.
In certain industries which are highly competitive, paying for website traffic can cost thousands of dollars per click. But in a proper SEO site, you no longer depend on the paid traffic.
3. Long-lasting effects:
In paid traffic, the traffic on your site stops as soon as you stop paying. On the other side, SEO is known to give consistent long-term results. Employing industry-standard SEO methods will you long-lasting results. Since SEO gives long-lasting results, it also takes time to grow and requires a consistent analytics approach.
A few tips to optimize your Magento SEO:
It requires daily optimization to get your Magento store display on the top Google search results and that too from the content perspective. These are a few tips to optimize your Magento SEO:
1. Use an SEO Optimized URL:
All the top Google search results have an SEO-optimized URL structure. These are some ways to define the URL structure for Magento SEO optimization:
- There must be a targeted keyword in the URL
- The URL should be brief (Max 385px)
- The URL structure should be consistent throughout the site
- Must be lowercase
2. Define Magento 2 Meta Details Properly:
To enhance Magento SEO, the meta title and description should be appropriately created while adjusting the focused keyword. In the search results, this information is displayed and the user reads this information and decides whether to click on your site URL or not. These are some ways to write an optimized meta title and meta description:
- The length of the meta title should be limited to 580px maximum. Also, it should be relevantly related to the search term.
- The meta description can be in detail but should be limited to 990px. The content should be related to the targeted page and search term.
3. Page Information and Structure:
The content of the page should be relevant and provide information on the targeted keywords. It should also have a proper hierarchy i.e H1 for the title, H2 for the heading, H3 for sub-headings, and so on. Thus, in an SEO-optimized page, it should have:
- A proper heading structure
- Right flow of the information
- Delivery information as per the targeted keywords
Magento is a powerful e-commerce platform which requires many resources. Thus, it should have a dedicated hosting solution, or else the pagespeed will be low or the site may get down on high traffic. Fortunately, Adobe Commerce Cloud comes self-hosted to eliminate such occurrences. Apart from this, you should also consider these things:
- Update your Magento version to the latest
- Configure Redis, Varnish, and Memcache
- Integrate CDN
- Run on Nginx
What features to look out for in an SEO tool?
If you want an SEO tool with all-in-one optimization, there are some SEO features that must be present in the Magento SEO tool you choose. These are some features that we recommend looking out for:
1. Canonical link tagging:
In Canonical link tagging, you can choose a single “canonical” link which will be crawled by all search engines and eliminates duplicate listings which negatively affects SEO. It is important to consolidate the same product listed in multiple categories, like a shirt listed in both the “Shirts” and “Clothing” categories.
2. HTML/XML sitemap generation:
In SEO, sitemaps are really important. They provide a roadmap by which the search engines understand, catalogue, and list the content on your site. The chosen Magento SEO tool should be able to automatically generate and update both HTML and XML sitemaps.
3. Rich Snippets:
You must have observed the extra details present in the section of certain websites when you search for a keyword. For e.g. a snippet showing the star rating of an item along with the number of reviews, and the user doesn’t click on the page to see this rating. Rich snippets can boost the SEO rankings and improve the CTR of your website.
4. Optimization of URLs:
Thinking about how to make SEO-friendly URLs? These URLs look more like natural text instead of jumbled letters and numbers. Thus instead of this example.com/categories/sh-02/blk-sn the SEO-optimized URL will look like example.com/categories/shoes/black-sandals
But you can’t rewrite all the URLs and redirect them. A Magento SEO extension can do this for you in a few seconds. An extension can automatically rewrite them as per your fixed parameters.
5. Redirect handling:
Redirect handling is another feature that the Magento SEO tool must offer. In case you change a URL, then this extension will redirect the users from the old URL to the new one. It not just saves time but also improves SEO rankings.
6. Robots.txt editing:
Robots.txt is a file that tells search engine crawlers to crawl which page and which to leave. For e.g. the product pages should be crawled but the checkout page or help pages shouldn’t be crawled.
7. Meta tag templates:
Good meta tags increase the CTR but are time-consuming to write manually. Thus, the chosen SEO should offer meta tag templates and automatic tag generation.
8. SEO Analysis:
Last and the most important feature is that the SEO tool must provide an SEO analysis of the existing pages. You should know how properly you are using keywords, meta tags, URLs, and other elements of the pages related to SEO.
Best SEO Tools for your Magento Store in 2023:
After understanding the basics, let’s finally go through the top SEO Magento tools that you can use to get your website on the top search engine page results.
This is a robust and all-encompassing SEO tool that assists businesses in improving their search engine rankings and driving more traffic to their websites. Developed by SEMRush, a well-known company of SEO tools and services, this tool offers a vast array of features and capabilities.
- Keyword Research: You can identify the relevant keywords and phrases of your offerings using the Keyword research feature of SEMRush. It provides data such as search volumes, the difficulty level of keywords, and other related keywords.
- Domain analysis: The domain analysis feature provides information about the performance of the website on search engines. It provides data such as ranking on different search engines, traffic volumes, backlinks, etc. so that you can analyze these results and create an effective marketing strategy.
- Competitor analysis: You can stay ahead of your competitors with the Competitor analysis feature. It provides data like keyword rankings, backlinks, etc by which you can know your performance vis-à-vis your competitors.
- Backlink analysis: You can understand the backlinks to your website using this feature of SEMRush. It provides the number and quality of backlinks, as well as the websites and pages that are linking to a website.
2. Ninja SEO:
Developed by 500apps, Ninja SEO is a highly powerful and effective SEO tool. It is focused to assist businesses in improving their search engine rankings and increasing traffic to their websites. There are a plethora of features that Ninja SEO offers such as keyword research, website analysis, and competitor tracking.
- Web Crawler: The web crawler is designed to find broken links on the website as well as repair them. It also lets you find the broken links on the other website too, thus you can improve the overall content quality of your website.
- Keyword Rank Checker: Keyword rank checker lets you submit the site on major popular search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. and rank higher in search engine results. It is also useful for finding the keyword used by your competitors.
- Backlink Checker: Backlink checker identifies the backlink of your site and how many other websites are linking back to your site. It is highly useful if you want to know if anyone else has written about your business in order to improve its visibility online.
- Sitemap generator: It generates an XML sitemap file which lists all the pages of your site along with the images they contain. You can directly submit this XML sitemap file through Google’s Webmaster Tools program.
- Keyword recommendations: As the name suggests, this feature will help you find which are the most relevant keywords for your business and determine how to use them for maximum results.
- Email finder: This tool allows you to determine who has registered an email address with your domain name or who has emailed you directly from their account.
Ahrefs is a highly powerful SEO tool focused to help companies improve their search engine rankings and increase the traffic inflow to their websites. Developed by Ahrefs company, it comes with a plethora of features.
- Website Analysis: There is a detailed website analysis feature which helps in finding improvement areas on the websites. It provides information on keyword density, meta tags, internal linking, etc. It also suggests changes and how to optimize the website on search engines.
- Keyword Research: Ahref comes with a robust keyword finder tool by which you can find the most relevant keywords for your site. It also provides metrics such as search volumes, keyword difficulty, related keywords etc.
- Competitor tracking: The competitor tracking tool of Ahrefs SEO tool helps in leading the industry by your store. It gives data on keyword rankings, backlinks and traffic. Businesses can analyze this data and make strategies.
- Data and Insights: It also provides data on the performance of the website on the search engines like rankings, traffic volumes, and conversion rates. Businesses can easily analyze their SEO efforts results and make the required changes.
4. Google Search Console:
Whether you are an SEO expert or a newbie in the SEO field, the Google Search Console SEO tool is built for everyone. It offers insights and makes it possible to take measures that can increase your organic site traffic from searches.
- Search Analytics Report: You will get a comprehensive report of the website’s search performance on Google by the Search Analytics Report feature. There is an array of options for how to view the traffic. There are checkboxes for Clicks, Impressions, CTR, and Position. It also allows filtering the data by queries, countries, devices, pages, and search type.
- Data Highlighter: You may add structured data to your website using the data highlighter, a very user-friendly and easy tool that informs Google what your content is and how it should be handled. It allows highlighting pages from the site as articles, events, local businesses, restaurants, products, software applications, movies, tv episodes, and books.
- HTML improvements tool: The HTML improvements tool clearly identifies the problems with your website and suggests ways how to address them. The challenges include non-indexable content problems, title problems, and meta-description problems.
- Remove URLs: You can hide certain URLs from the Google search results temporarily by the Remove URLs feature. It is highly useful when a product is out of stock and you don’t want users to land on the product details page until it is back in stock.
5. Bing Webmaster:
Just like Google Search Console, Bing also provides a range of tools for SEO purposes, analyzing the site, and logging performance.
- Search performance: This is probably the most important feature of the Bing Webmaster tool which gives an overview of the clicks, impressions, and other key metrics. It is built for monitoring performance changes, spotting points where you are underperforming, and identifying areas where you can put extra effort for maximum returns.
- URL inspection: You can do spot-checks on individual pages to check how Bing sees them. It is extremely useful to diagnose crawling, indexing, or content issues.
- Site explorer: In a well-organized website and proper site structure, the site explorer provides a great overview of the site. It will not just give information on individual URLs but will also summarise those statistics for each folder.
- XML sitemaps: You can download, delete, or (re)submit XML sitemaps in the sitemaps area. It is simple to add a sitemap; all you need to do is copy the sitemap’s URL, paste it in the relevant field, and click Submit. If you’ve added a sitemap index, you can access all underlying sitemaps by just clicking the link on that sitemap index.
SEOlyzer is another powerful tool that businesses use for improving their search engine presence and increasing the traffic to their online stores. The tool comes with a huge variety of features that can be employed to stay ahead of your competitors.
- Pagegroup Setup: You can categorize the site pages to obtain a better vision of the tool. You can create groups of products, categories, blogs, and mandatory content (Terms & Conditions). It also offers the creation of subcategories for further classification.
- Crawler: The crawl process is the exploration of your website’s various pages and elements by search engine robots or tools. You can launch a crawl of your site from the starting URL and explore all the URLs in the store plus highlight any key information. You can also cross-reference the results with the logs and know which are the inactive pages.
- Indexabililty: In this section, you can check the URLs browsed by users and discover other important analyses. There is a dashboard, HTTP codes, Depth, etc.
SEOquake is a powerful SEO toolbox for your site. Developed by SEOquake, it offers highly fast on-page SEO audits, examines internal and external links, compares domains and URLs in real-time, and can explore all data into a file.
- Instant dashboard: On the dashboard, the users will get a compact and informative lightbox with a brief SEO overview, including page, domain, and backlink details.
- Keyword Analysis: Obtain a detailed and well-structured report on all keywords discovered on the page. Visualize data in the keywords cloud and use powerful filters to narrow down your search.
- Print & Export: Export SEOquake data in style! It’s simple to save data from any of the reports into a.csv file or, better yet, print it out with SEOquake.
Seobility audits your entire website by crawling every page that is linked. Each check section lists all pages that were found to have errors, issues with on-page optimization, or issues with the page content itself, such as duplicate content.
- SEO Checker: You can check the website’s search engine optimization, and get valuable tips for better website optimization and higher rankings.
- Keyword checker: You can check the on-page optimization for your website and ensure that it is optimized properly for important search terms.
- Ranking Checker: View the keyword rankings for your website in Google’s search results for various countries or cities.
9. Check My Links:
Check My Links is a link checker that crawls your website for broken links. It is a web designer, developer, and content editor-focused extension.
- Link Checker: This tool helps in finding any broken or dead links on the website. It will scan your website and highlight a link if it is not working properly.
- Link Quality Analysis: It also tells the quality and relevance of the links on the websites. It provides data on the number and quality of external links on a website.
- Link Reporting: This feature tracks and analyzes the performance of the link on the websites. It provides data of clicks and impressions generated by each link.
Moz is one of the most trusted companies in developing best-in-class SEO software for every situation, from our all-in-one SEO platform to tools for local SEO, enterprise SERP analytics, and a powerful API.
- Site Audits: It crawls the site on demand, uncovers technical SEO issues, and recommends improvements and fixes.
- Rank Tracking: Moz SEO can track the performance of hundreds (or thousands) of your traffic-driving keywords across 170+ search engines.
- Backlink Analysis: The Moz link index is amongst the best-to-see metrics for any site in seconds, including anchor text and domain authority.
- Keyword Research: You can discover thousands of keywords to target along with keyword difficulty scores, competitor research, and SERP analysis.
Neil Patel is one of the most renowned personalities in the field of SEO and his SEO product Ubersuggest is second to none. Whether you need a domain overview, top SEO pages report, keyword suggestions, or content ideas, you can get al on Ubersuggest.
- Backlink data: Backlinks are one of the core parts of Google’s algorithm but it is difficult to build them. With Ubersuggest, you can see the exact content in your space that people are linking to. You then approach each of these sites and ask them to link to you.
- Content Ideas: You can get to know the most popular content ideas which are relevant to your industry and get the most social shares. Ubersuggest provides the top-performing content pieces for any given keyword so you can write about topics that people are actually interested in.
- Keyword suggestions: Whether you need head terms to long-tail phrases, with Ubersuggest you will get hundreds of suggestions of keywords. You can also check the volume, the competition, and even seasonal trends for each keyword.
SpyFu exposes the search marketing secret formula of your most successful competitors. Its smart recommendations drive clicks to your SEO or Google Ads campaigns. It can monitor the paid and SEO rankings on different search engines.
- Google Ads Competitor Keyword Spy Tool: You can find the competitor PPC keywords and see how many clicks they get and how much they pay for each keyword.
- Monitor PPC Competitors: Keep track of every domain bidding on your Google Ads. Catch changes in ad spend over time.
- Google Ads Advisor: You can enter your website and find all the competitors’ Google Ads bidding history and recommend the most profitable keywords you are not already buying.
In this article, we have gone through the best SEO tools that you can use in your Magento store to keep your competitors stay away and ruling the industry. We, at Ceymox Technologies, the best Magento development company in India, are having expertise in developing highly advanced e-commerce stores from scratch with customized features and functionalities. Let us know your requirements.