Adobe is gearing up to deliver another new edition of the Magento 2.4.x release line, the Magento 2.4.5 release. It is excellent news for Magento 2 business owners and developers. After the beta testing phase, Adobe will ultimately release Magento 2.4.5. The version is set to become generally available on August 9, 2022.
This time, Adobe worked extremely hard on the upgrades, resulting in the future edition of Magento 2. The Magento 2.4.5 pre-release offers over 290 quality fixes and additions, according to the official Adobe Commerce DevDocs. Furthermore, Magento 2.4.5 will be significantly improved in terms of performance, security, and platform experience.
Highlights of the Magento 2.4.5 Release
- Over 290 quality concerns and upgrades were addressed.
- There have been over 20 security fixes as well as enhancements.
- Composer 2.2, TinyMCE 5.10.2, and jQueryUI 1.13.1 are all supported.
- Page Builder 1.7.2 and PWA Studio 12.5.x are also supported.
- Improvements to GraphQL.
- All merchants accept Apple Pay.
- Upgrade to Google Analytics 4 using the built-in Google Tag module.
Everything You Should Know About the Release of Magento 2.4.5
The forthcoming Adobe Commerce update contains many new features for Magento enthusiasts. The Magento 2.4.5 version will include several enhancements and bug fixes. Here is a quick summary of the highlights from the Magento 2.4.5 release notes:
Enhancements to Security
Twenty security updates and enhancements are included in the Magento 2.4.5 version, according to the official Adobe Commerce DevDocs. As a result, it is a significant release in terms of security. Some of Magento 2.4.5’s security advancements are described below.
- Wish List Sharing, Create New Account, and Gift Card forms now accept Google reCAPTCHA.
- The ACL resources have been added to the inventory.
- Inventory template security has been improved.
- MaliciousCode has improved HTMLPurifier.
- Inventory template security has been improved.
In the Magento 2.4.5 release, Adobe worked hard to improve the platform for developers. The following are some of the platform advancements in the future Magento version.
- Composer 2.2, TincMCE 5.10.2, and jQuery 1.13.1 are all supported.
- The DHL integration schema has been upgraded from v6.0 to v6.2.
- In Magento 2.4.5, all obsolete JS libraries have been upgraded to the most recent version.
- Twenty composer dependencies have been updated to the most recent version.
Enhancements to GraphQL Performance
The Magento 2.4.5 version will include several GraphQL performance advancements for developers. Magento 2.4.5 contains the following features:
- On deployment, the unified storefront’s GraphQL schema is rebuilt more quickly.
- The ability of the GraphQL API to consume the expiration time and date of an authorization token.
- Enables the total deactivation of session cookies for use with GraphQL.
- The HTTP header no longer includes any mention of session use.
Adobe team has integrated Apple Pay as a new payment option in the current Magento 2.4.5 version. A few improvements have also been made to the PayPal and Braintree payment options. The following are the highlights of the payment advancements in Magento 2.4.5 features.
- All merchants currently accept Apple Pay.
- The PayPal Pay Later is now available to Italian and Spanish merchants.
- In the backend, store administrators may now evaluate the buttons of the PayPal Credit Card and Pay Later.
- Braintree KNOUNT fraud protection has been removed from the Magento 2.4.5 codebase.
- The ‘Always request 3DS’ option has been introduced for Braintree payments.
- PWA Studio v.12.5.x is now completely compatible with the 2.4.5 edition of Magento.
- The PWA Studio shop gathers consumer activity for web analytics providers through eventing.
- A service, like Google Tag Manager, may be deployed by a store administrator from the admin.
Significant Bugs Fixed in Magento 2.4.5 Release
Magento 2.4.5 has addressed over a hundred bugs reported in previous versions. Some of the significant issues that have been resolved are listed below.
- Changing the administrative URL no longer raises an error.
- Issues with Adobe Stock sign-out have been resolved.
- When the Product Subselect rule is used, the cart total for a bundle product is accurately computed.
- The DOM problems associated with the address search pop-up in the billing phase of the checkout workflow have been resolved.
- For consumers with global account sharing, a single login is now acceptable for numerous store views.
- Fixes for the Admin Action Log report.
- After altering the quantity of a customizable product, the correct pricing is displayed on the product page.
- The system emails function perfectly with email addresses beginning with “.-.”
- An error message appears on the shipping page when a consumer provides an incorrect email address.
- Fixed logo-related difficulties on the shop’s print order/invoice/credit memo pages.
- The administrator may now adjust the session size to 0 from the backend, which no longer logs the administrator out.
- The Admin may now translate the title of the ‘Show Password’ option on various pages.
- Images on product pages are now fully presented with no flickering.
- The unsubscribe URL in the email newsletter now works correctly.
- The customer name is accurately shown for orders placed by PayPal guest customers.
- Product color filtering in the layered navigation now works flawlessly.
- For virtual items, the table rate shipping cost is no longer calculated.
- In the product grid, long names are word-wrapped.
Official Release Notes for Magento 2.4.5
The official release notes provide further information about the current edition of the Magento 2 release line for Magento aficionados. The Magento 2.4.5 release notes (beta) may be found at:
Magento 2.4.5 will significantly update shop owners regarding platform speed, quality, cache, payment enhancement, and other features. Shop owners! Prepare for a significant upgrade. According to the Magneto release schedule, Magento 2.4.5 will be broadly available on August 9, 2022. Magento 2’s newest version will be available for download soon.
Keep an eye out! We will continue to update the post till the final release of Magento 2.4.5 is available. Remember to bookmark this page and share it with your friends on social media.