The new upgrade of Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 comes with support for PHP 8.2. The previous PHP version i.e. PHP 8.1 is still supported however the support for PHP 7.4 has been removed. There are multiple improvements in both security and performance. There is optimization in the operations of GraphQL for bulk cart operations and category tree rendering response. In this release, you will get the Adobe Commerce Extension meta package.
There are more than 300 fixes and enhancements in this release. The dependencies of the core composer and 3rd party libraries have been upgraded to work seamlessly with PHP 8.2.
Magento 2.4.6: Key Highlights
- Quality Fixes and Improvements (More than 300)
- PHP 8.2 Support
- 8 Security issues fixed and enhancements
- GraphQL performance is improved
- Response time is reduced
- JS libraries are upgraded to the latest versions
- Compatibility with Page Builder 1.7.3 version and PWA Studio 13.0.x version.
Adobe is leaving no stone unturned in improving the security of the Magento 2 platform. In this new release, there are:
- Multiple (8) security fixes and platform security improvements. Check more at Adobe Security Bulletin.
- The gaps in Admin action logs have been filled and admin actions require more focused auditing
- reCAPTCHA validation failure issue has been resolved which used to occur during payment processing
Improvements in Platform:
There are continuous improvements in the Magento platform with every release. In this release Magento 2.4.6 gives support for:
- Composer 2.2.x
- Redis 7.0.x
- OpenSearch (Adobe Commerce default search on-premises and cloud deployments)
- ElasticSearch 8.x
- MariaDB 10.6 (LTS Version)
- Updated Laminas dependencies to support PHP 8.2
Improvements in Scalability and Performance:
Magento is future-ready with its every release and Magento 2.4.6 is no exception. It is quite fast, scalable, and can meet every other business requirement.
- You can change the settings to improve the operations performance involving 100+ customer segments.
- The product grid performance is improved. Now there is a limit on the no. of products being displayed in the grid
- New REST API is introduced to import data with high performance. It is up to 100,000 records per minute.
- Improved order processing for Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 on cloud infrastructure customers.
BrainTree Payment Method:
There are multiple improvements in the Braintree payment method in this Magento release version:
- Enabled the Braintree Pay later button and messages for Spain & Italy.
- PayPal Vault PayLater messaging has been enabled.
- Fraud Protection and ACH webhooks are now available in the Braintree Payment Method.
GraphQL Performance Enhancements:
The Magento 2 APIs are built using the GraphQL query language. There are multiple improvements in the performance of GraphQL within this release.
- The response time has been improved of APIs related to querying products in categories within categories permissions enabled
Compatibility of Page Builder & PWA Studio:
Adobe Commerce or Magento 2.4.6 now supports Page Builder 1.7.3 version and PWA Studio 13.0.x version.
Other Improvements and Fixes:
Apart from the above-mentioned highlights, there are a plethora of issues that have been fixed in this release. Other important issues fixed in this release are:
- Issues of Magento installation performance, upgrade, and deployment have been fixed.
- Issues of Google reCAPTCHA like ReCaptcha Validation failed, please try again and No such cart with id = ID has been resolved.
- Drag-and-drop feature has been added to the page builder for bulk importing of the images.
- Search supports queries with quotation marks if Minimum Terms to Match is enabled.
The official release of Magento 2.4.6 can be found on the Adobe Commerce website. We at Ceymox Technologies, the best Magento development company in India are always ready to leverage the features and fixes of the new Magento release, whenever it is. Looking for an agency that can develop a next-level e-commerce store for you with advanced features and functionalities, contact us now.